Diabetes is a chronic disease that interrupts your body’s blood sugar levels because of the inability to create insulin in the body. Without an adequate amount of insulin in the body, it causes abnormal metabolism and increased carbohydrate levels, leading to increased blood sugar levels in the body. but do you know about some herbs and spices that control blood sugar.
Day by day, more and more people are suffering from diabetes worldwide, and it has become the most common disease faced by millions of people. As the data provided by WHO is very threatening, people who do not have Diabetes should take preventive measures.
According to the first WHO Reports on Diabetes, it demonstrated that the number of patients who have Diabetes has almost quadrupled since 1980. India also has 31,705,000 estimated diabetic patients, and it is predicted to grow by 100% by 2030.
Controlling Diabetes can be very difficult, but if a person is dedicated enough, they can manage their blood sugar levels by changing food habits and daily lifestyle.
You can also include Ayurveda in your life to control your Diabetes by using natural herbs which do not have any side effects. You should also avoid taking sweet food items and include green vegetables in your diet.
There are three fundamental doshas, according to Ayurveda, that causes different types of diseases. A proper balance between these doshas constructs a healthy body. According to Ayurvedic doctors, Diabetes is a cause of diminished Agni dosha, which results in high sugar levels in the blood. Here are some Herbs and spices that control blood sugar.
Change Your Diet & Utensils
- Prepare a herbal mixture of Guduchi, Kudki, Shardunika and Punarnava. Mix them and consume them with lukewarm water twice or thrice a day.
- For aged people, drinking water from copper vessels has been advised due to the health benefits that it offers. It is recommended to add a cup of water and keep it overnight to drink it the following day.
Keep A Stock Of Methi Seeds
According to Ayurvedic doctors, diabetic people should consume methi dana regularly. It is recommended to consume the sprouts or drink the fenugreek water in the morning.
Bitter Is Better For Health
Rather than reducing your sugar and carbohydrate count, adding bitter food items to your diet is recommended for effective results in a diabetic person. It can be a bitter gourd, amla, hemp seeds, and aloe vera, which have shown magnificent results in diabetes management.
Change Your Diet
As per Ayurvedic doctors, any disease in the human body is caused due to an imbalance in any of the three doshas. In the case of Diabetes, Type 1 diabetes is caused due to an imbalance of the Vata dosha, whereas Type 2 diabetes is caused due to excess of the Kapha dosha. Therefore, meals that have fewer fats are essential. You should avoid dairy products and opt for almond/soy/skimmed milk and low-fat yoghurt.
Add Herbs And Spices In Your Diabetic Diet
Spices have anti-diabetic properties, especially turmeric, mustard, asafoetida, cinnamon, and coriander.
Here are some herbs & spices that you can use in your daily diet to control Diabetes naturally:
- Bitter Gourd: Bitter gourd is riched in hypoglycaemic biochemical substances, so you must include this in your diet. These substances are great to manage fluctuations in blood sugar levels, especially in Type-1 and Type-2 Diabetes. You can also consume bitter gourd juice in the morning, which will improve your health.
- Black Gram: Bengal gram is a portion of great food with excellent glucose intolerance. It is advised to non-diabetics to add black grams in their diet to reduce the risk of Diabetes or people with chronic type 1 & type 2 Diabetes.
- Bitter Melon: It is known for its anti-diabetic properties as it contains Charantin and Polypeptide-p, which can lower blood sugar levels naturally without any side effects.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds have Galactomannan, a component known to slow down the rate of digestion and decrease carbohydrate absorption in the body.
- Indian Gooseberry: Amla is known to control the carbohydrate absorption rate in the body. The chromium in Amla helps in controlling insulin sensitivity. You can eat amla raw or mix it with bitter gourd and gooseberry to reduce sugar levels by stimulating pancreatic cells.
- Jamun: Consumption of Java plum or Jamun is highly recommended for diabetic people due to its benefits in regulating the insulin gland and increasing insulin production. Eating 4-5 Jamun a day can show positive results for the diabetic person.
- Bay Leaf: This leaf is an ayurvedic home remedy for Diabetes that is also used as a spice in Indian homes. If you intake a mixture of bay leaf and turmeric before meals, it can help manage fluctuation in blood sugar levels.
- Mango Leaves: Mango leaves are rich in several nutrients. You can take them with a glass of water and leave them overnight and drink it in the morning. Alternatively, you can dry the leaves and mix them with water to consume in the morning.
- Turmeric Powder: A mix of turmeric, honey, and dried amla can significantly manage blood sugar levels.
- Curry Leaf: Consume curry leaves twice or thrice a day to manage Diabetes naturally.
If you do not control your blood sugar levels in the starting, then it can cause you a lot of trouble because Diabetes is a disease that causes to arise more diseases out of it like slow recovery, hypertension and many more. You can also become dependent on insulins which have many side effects.
If you also have Diabetes, we can understand the situation you are suffering from. So don’t be stressed because of this disease because the Ayurvedic way to fight it is the best way to cure its root cause. Get in touch with a certified Ayurvedic expert doctor to learn more about natural ways to deal with Diabetes. Do not make any strict dietary changes on your own. Always consult certified Ayurvedic Doctors near you. Even we Arogyadham Health offers free consultation on various chronic diseases like Diabetes. Book your dates with us and get the best ayurvedic treatment for Diabetes.
Everyone knows what an apple is, but have you heard about apple cider vinegar or seb ka sirka? If not, you may have many doubts in your mind. Apple cider vinegar, abbreviated as ACV, has gained worldwide popularity in Ayurveda as an effective home remedy for weight...
Dandruff is a common scalp issue that often appears in the winter. The scalp starts to flake off in reaction to the cold and dry weather. You may have prolonged irritation and inflammation when the issue remains overlooked like other little problems. Purchasing an...
The monsoon period represents one of the most enjoyable times of the year, with the cooler temperatures providing an enjoyable respite from the scorching temperatures of summertime. Throughout the rainy season, we all like the earthy aroma and the sensual motion of...